HP Unveils Architecture for First Net Zero Energy Data Center
HP Labs architecture significantly reduces data-center power costs and energy requirementsTopics:Technology and Innovation, Environment
- Prediction Module: Leverages powerful predictive analytics software to forecast the availability and cost of critical resources, such as renewable energy and IT workload demand.
- Planning Module: Delivers an optimization algorithm that balances workload scheduling with high-level operational goals, such as achieving net-zero energy operation, enabling organizations to schedule workloads based on resource availability, while meeting data-center operational goals.
- Execution Module: Enables organizations to manage workload and energy consumption in real time according to performance requirements and data-center operational objectives.
- Verification and Reporting Module: Identifies and remediates misalignment between the plan and execution, ensuring plan accuracy.
- Video: HP Net-Zero Energy Data Center
- Image: HP Net-Zero Energy Data Center architecture
- Slides: Illustrating the HP Net-Zero Energy Center architecture
- Sustainable Ecosystems Research Group
- HP’s sustainability site